DH for society: e-quality, participation, rights and values in the Digital Age
The 10th AIUCD conference (UNIPI and CNR, 19-22 January 2021) aims to be a moment of study and reflection on Digital Humanities (DHs) as a privileged meeting place among different needs of contemporary society in research, politics, economics and everyday life, giving the humanist the role of interpreter and facilitator of change. Digital humanists, thanks to the knowledge and expertise acquired in recent years and experimented in numerous research activities, have been among the often silent protagonists of the change of society, pervaded by information technologies in continuous development.
For the conference, contributions are accepted that illustrate theoretical reflections on DHs, methodological aspects, project experiences, experimental results, strategies for the enhancement of research infrastructures, ethical issues and position statements.
While not excluding the possibility of presenting works on other topics concerning the varied aspects of DHs, interventions on the following topics are particularly requested:
DeadlinesThe deadline for submitting proposals is set for 11:59 PM of
Format and Procedures for Submitting ProposalsThe conference expects two methods of participation oral intervention and poster. Oral intervention proposals must consist of a contribution consisting of a minimum of three (3) to a maximum of five (5) pages, bibliography included. Poster proposals must consist of a contribution of one (1) or two (2) pages, bibliography included, with the optional indication of the hyperlink to the draft poster. The format of proposals must follow the template indicated in the page of the conference Web site relating information for authors https://aiucd2021.labcd.unipi.it/en/conference/submitting-proposals/, and proposals must be sent in PDF format through the Easychair platform https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aiucd2021 Proposals will be evaluated through a double blind review process. Each contribution will be screened by 3 reviewers. The contribution must be anonymized by removing authors’ names and internal references, as far as possible, avoiding that such anonymization prevents an accurate evaluation of the proposal from reviewers. The choice of Italian or English for the contribution is not binding for communication during the conference. Accepted contributions will be published before the event in digital format only in a Book of Abstracts with an ISBN.
Evaluation CriteriaThe evaluation of proposals will be conducted on the basis of the following criteria:
- relevance of the contribution to the aims of the conference;
- application of methods promoting inclusiveness and social equality;
- critical attitude towards the strategies adopted and the tools in use;
- originality, relevance or innovative approach;
- quality of the exposure;
- methodological rigor and updated bibliography;
- presence of elements of interdisciplinarity;
- replicability of the results described.
Alternative Plan in case of a Medical EmergencyIf social distancing rules are imposed due to a resurgence of the ongoing epidemic and it is therefore impossible to organize the conference in attendance, the event will be held on a virtual platform with the following guidelines (more details will be published in the event of actual need):
- the authors selected will be asked for a video of a maximum duration of 20 minutes to be delivered 10 days before the event;
- the videos will be collected by the organizers and published on the conference Web site in order to allow, for each contribution, the expression of comments and questions
- the holding of virtual discussion-only meetings grouped by themes will be arranged;
- as for posters, a gallery with distributed evaluation and virtual rooms in which exhibitors can speak with interested users will be created.